Find out how Border Embroideries Ltd protects your information
Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. By providing your details to BE Schoolwear on our website, you consent to BE Schoolwear maintaining, recording, holding and using the information you give BE Schoolwear at the time of ordering to process your orders, to improve our service to you and inform you of promotions.
We take your privacy very seriously and will not pass your details to any third party without your permission, other than where we have to do so to get your uniform to you, e.g. our delivery courier. From time to time, BE Schoolwear may send information about discounts and offers on uniform and our other items unless you have told us not to do so when signing up through the site. Relevant United Kingdom law will apply to these terms and conditions and the relevant courts of the United Kingdom will have exclusive jurisdiction.
BE Schoolwear may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 25/05/18.
WHAT WE COLLECT & WHY
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address and telephone number
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We may contact you to notify you regarding your account, to troubleshoot problems with your account, to resolve a dispute, to collect fees or monies owed, to poll your opinions through surveys or questionnaires, to send updates about our company, or as otherwise necessary to contact you to enforce our User Agreement, applicable national laws, and any agreement we may have with you. For these purposes we may contact you via email, telephone, text messages, and postal mail.
YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679. There is no charge for this. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to BE Schoolwear Ltd, Unit 1, Duns Road Ind Estate, Greenlaw, Berwickshire TD10 6XJ.
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at [email protected].
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
Disclosure of personal data to third parties
As well as set out elsewhere in this policy, we may disclose your information to the following parties, because we have a legitimate interest in doing so:
- our group companies (including our subsidiaries, our holding companies and any subsidiaries of our holding companies as defined in Section 1159 of the Companies Act 2006);
- staff members and third party suppliers (e.g. DPD UK, Opayo by Elavon, Mailchimp) in order to facilitate the provision of goods or services to you;
- our affiliated entities to support internal administration;
- IT software providers that host our Website and store data on our behalf;
- our professional advisers including consultants, legal advisors, bankers and insurers; and
- HM Revenue and Customs, regulators and other authorities who require reporting of processing activities in certain circumstances;
- to third party organisations who provide us with information on an anonymised basis about customer demographics and expenditure; and
- to third parties with whom we may in the future negotiate a sale, transfer or merger of our business.
We may also disclose personal data to the police, regulatory bodies, legal advisors or similar third parties where we are under a legal duty to disclose or share personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our website terms and conditions and other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others.
We will not sell or distribute personal data to other organisations without your approval.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. All credit card details are entered on a secure page and are transferred using SSL.
Cookies In Use on This Site
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
Cookies and how they Benefit You
Our cookies help us:
- Make our website work as you'd expect
- Save you having to login every time you visit the site
- Remember your settings during and between visits
- Improve the speed/security of the site
- Allow you to share pages with social networks like Facebook
- Personalise our site to you to help you get what you need faster
- Continuously improve our website for you
- Make our marketing more efficient (ultimately helping us to offer the service we do at the price we do)
- Collect any personally identifiable information (without your express permission)
- Collect any sensitive information (without your express permission)
- Pass data to advertising networks
- Pass personally identifiable data to third parties
- Pay sales commissions
You can learn more about all the cookies we use below
More about our Cookies
- Making our shopping basket and checkout work
- Determining if you are logged in or not
- Remembering your search settings
- Remembering if you have accepted our terms and conditions
- Showing you which pages you have recently visited
- Allowing you to add comments to our site
- Tailoring content to your needs
There is no way to prevent these cookies being set other than to not use our site.
Third party functions
Our site, like most websites, may include functionality provided by third parties. A common example is an embedded YouTube video.
Disabling these cookies will likely break the functions offered by these third parties
Social Website Cookies
So you can easily “Like” or share our content on the likes of Facebook and Twitter we have included sharing buttons on our site.
Cookies are set by:
- AddThis - provide us with lots of sharing buttons all in one neat package
The privacy implications on this will vary from social network to social network and will be dependent on the privacy settings you have chosen on these networks.
Anonymous Visitor Statistics Cookies
- Google Universal Analytics
Turning Cookies Off
You can usually switch cookies off by adjusting your browser settings to stop it from accepting cookies (Learn how here). Doing so however will likely limit the functionality of our's and a large proportion of the world's websites as cookies are a standard part of most modern websites
It may be that you concerns around cookies relate to so called "spyware". Rather than switching off cookies in your browser you may find that anti-spyware software achieves the same objective by automatically deleting cookies considered to be invasive. Learn more about managing cookies with antispyware software.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.